Monday, July 2, 2007

The First Project

I'm beginning my first project tonight on my new old sewing machine. It's a bit ambitious, to say the least. The next few evenings will consists of ripping apart an ACU shirt so I can piece it back together in the form of my 'project'. I've been advised by my local sewing expert - mom, of course - that I better not expect this to be easy. No kidding. This fabric is a pain in the first place, let alone lining it up right and not having the machine eat it. I'm embarking on a learning experience. Wish me luck!

E must be going through a growth spurt, because her number one interest is sleeping lately. Followed closely by eating, of course. Today while my mom visited, she spent most of the four hours sound asleep. Her time was divided between my chest and the couch. Such a carefree life :-)

No comments: