Thursday, March 20, 2008

Stand Back, I Am Not A Professional

At one point during this week, I thought it would be fun to photograph my progress in boxing up our life again. Show everyone the mass confusion and jungle gym free-for-all in my living room.

But somewhere along the way, I packed the camera charger.

Bugger.

Instead, I'll just rant about how much stuff we have. Good lord, do we have a lot of crap. I remember moving in to our apartment in Texas (three moves ago) and having one of M's friends marvel at how many boxes there were.

That was nothing.

Add in the three bedroom house we had to fill, and then a kid. No wonder I can't see across the room anymore. Thankfully though, it seems to be an even split between me and the husband for contribution. Gone are the days when all of his worldly possessions fit into one Rubbermaid tote. (Thank you, Army)

I am making things a little more fun this time though. Instead of neatly labeling every box and trying to keep things together, it's all randomness. I was sorting out sections of light, medium, heavy and holy shit heavy earlier and saw I hadn't labeled anything I packed yesterday. So, it will be like a giant treasure hunt in the new house, opening every box to find one thing.

Though, that could make unpacking go a lot quicker.

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Wow, hon. I'm whining about just taking care of kids and the normal housework - with hubby here. You blow me away with your strength and ability to be mom and house packer.

So, when does dear hubby come home? When is the move?

You're doing great! :-)