Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh, It Gets Better

So, obnoxious saxophone playing neighbors?

They are now ridiculously beyond annoying saxophone AND drum playing neighbors.

I shit you not.

A few days after my last mention of the endless practicing, I heard something odd. I was washing clothes, so I wrote it off as my washer making some wicked bad sounds and ignored it. Then, the next day, I heard it again. It didn't last long, and I completely forgot about it. The day after that though, was an afternoon filled with the delights of saxophone scales and senseless drum banging. I listened closely, holding onto a shred of hope that it was just a snare, and not a whole set. And that hope was brutally shattered today to the tune of crashing cymbals, booming bass and banging snare. All approximately 2 inches on the other side of the shared wall.

What apartment dwelling parent would be so cruel to their neighbors as to not only get their kids an entire drum set, but to set it up as close to the other apartment as possible?

Seriously?

7 more weeks. 7 more weeks. 7 more weeks.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

There has GOT to be some rule in your tennants agreement about loud obnoxious things like drums!!!

The next time E. has a fit, in the middle of the night, make sure to hold her nice and close to the neighboring wall...it won't likely do any good, but it might make you feel better!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Dude, a friggin' drum set? Oh, yeah, I'm thinking I need to bring up my hammered dulcimer and my friend JB and his banjo. We can make some beautiful Deliverance music and freak the neighbors out, baby!