Friday, January 25, 2008

For the Love of Junk Food . . .

Why didn't I think of this one earlier?

I have a problem with junk food. If it's in the house, it's the first thing I'll go for. Screw the healthy stuff, bring on the chocolate. I suppose it's making up for when I was pregnant with E and wanted nothing more than to be seated in front of a salad bar for every meal.

So, I went shopping a few days ago and got a package of Double Stuff Mint Cream Oreos. In an attempt at keeping myself from eating them immediately, I left them in the car. Until tonight. When string cheese just wasn't cutting it anymore.

I pulled on my boots, grabbed the monitor and went downstairs and out to the car. Darted out into the subzero temperatures, grabbed my bounty and ran back inside. Once I was properly thawed out, I opened the package and . . . good lord, sweet mother of junk food . . . they were completely frozen. It was like biting into mint chocolate chip ice cream, only it was a cookie.

Why this ingenious twist had not occurred to me earlier, I'll never know.

But, from now on, you'll find the Oreo package stashed in the freezer.

If, of course, it lasts more than one day.

3 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm all over it. You are a GENIUS(even if it was accidental).

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Ooooo! That sounds good! Reminds me of Girl Scout Thin Mints in the freezer (a fave snack of mine!).

Kristen said...

I am really sorry I read this. Now my mind is telling me "must have mint oreos". Damn it. there goes another unnecessary weight gain. I convinced at my 16 week doctor visit he is going to yell at me for the weight I have gained. I keep on looking down at my stomach and thinking that it shouldn't be ok that I am getting a fat tummy.

Ohh the Bella Band thing. I got one of those when I was at the maternity store and today I tried your hair tie idea and that it was a winner. I think all I will need is one pair of maternity jeans and the rest of my regular pants will make due with the hair tie/bella band combo. It is ingenious.