Thursday, July 12, 2007

Projects - The Fabric Addiction

I'm bad. Very bad. I get addicted to things way to easily. The current vice - fabric. I am working my free sewing machine to the ground! But, all that fabric gets expensive, so unless I can turn some sort of tiny little profit, or at least break even, I need to curb my addiction pretty quick.

A few days ago I finished a baby sling. E loves it. She gets to look all around, and she even fell asleep in it in the store yesterday. I have to tweak my measurements a bit, but it turned out great. I have some stretchy fabric I'm going to try next for another one.



Then came the blankie. I have a hard time calling it a lovie - I always called mine a blankie. This is what I'm hoping I can sell. Somewhere, somehow. Craft fairs, online, word of mouth, whatever. This first one was a pain, though. It probably would have helped to know my sewing machine a little better. Apparently it has some quirks, just to keep you on your toes. I spent just as much time making it as I did ripping bad seams and digging fluff out of the bobbin case. The darn thing eats fabric like no other. Anyways, I just finished it a little bit ago, and I can't wait to give it to E when she wakes up in the morning and see what she does with it. She's at the stage where she loves to grab and hang onto things, so this might be a good thing.

No comments: