Thursday, April 17, 2008

And That's That

The husband has been home for two weeks. We've hit some bumpy patches already, but we're adjusting pretty well after those 444 days apart. The kid loves him, I love him, it's all good.

Amazingly, the kid has survived her first year. She's officially a walking, talking one year old now. I know time wouldn't have flown by the way it feels like it did, had I not had her.

I had a big, dramatic farewell to My Longest Year speech planned, but it's been a long day. So, I'll just say that if you want to find me from here on out, I'll be over here.

See ya there!

5 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

That was the PERFECT ending!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!! Wow how time flies.

cherish.photography said...

Awwww...so cute!

My Two Army Brats said...

I just came across your blog through a comment at BurghBaby.

I just got going on our 15 month deployment so I'm going to read through your blog "my Longest Year" then I'll move on to the other.

Congrats on having your hubby back and a one year old litle girl!

Genny said...

Wow.... 444 days apart! Please thank him for his service and sacrifice. Thank YOU too!

Enjoy your time together!