Friday, September 28, 2007

I can't change the world

I know this.

All I want is to change my mom's life. That's not such a big ambition, is it?

She's my mom, and I feel a huge responsibility to help her get things together while I'm here, before I move 800 miles away again. She has three siblings, but none of them will help take care of their 87 year old mother, who has dementia. That's all on my mom, and if the subject of moving her to a home is broached, everyone is either up in arms about it, or could care less. She can't keep taking care of her, the burden is causing awful depression and anxiety. And I don't know how to fix it.

And then there's the horse. Who needs to be sold.

And the fence. That needs to be fixed.

And the house. That needs repair.

And the dog. That needs surgery.

And the absolute lack of fun in her life. That I wish she could find again.

No comments: